How does the business managing superyacht goes along with global requirement minimizing the CO2 foot print and driving the UN sustainability goals forward ?
“There is for sure one question you want to ask of me, and one that you want me to answer, and that is the potential conflict between super yachts owners and their contribution lowering the CO2 footprint. To me there is no conflict ……………………..
“Building, buying and operate Superyachts in a fractional ownership concept will in general save resources”.
As a small Danish company at the big scene we know how critical this is to our clients and the . Let me be absolutely honest I think we have the skills, we are dedicated and absolutely convinced, that we can make a difference because of our concept.
“We are fully committed to undertake a proactive role to continue not only the global commitment lowering but for sure – and more measureable – the CO2 foot print in the Superyacht industry”
So, how do The Yacht Club actually contribute to change this culture even if our individual client have all the resources needed to buy their own superyacht.
It is possible because
- building superyachts is resource demanding to a very high degree. Sharing one will immediately lower the resources needed
- we have a focused internal strategy where we are driving future technology and operational efficiencies into a cleaner and more sustainable yacht owners and management business
- the individual crew are trained to constantly obtain the optimal fuel consumption still having the dreams of our clients to be fulfilled
- clients and charters are presented with the alternative “The BioFuel Technology” where biofuel is produced based on biomass wastes such as agricultural manure, crop residues and animal by-products.
- because each of our team is focused constantly finding the best solutions and technology when water toys are ordered
- our clients have a choice in our concept to have a high degree of ambition, integrity and responsibility. It is not profit at all costs !!
- our planned maintenance program constantly focus to minimize fuel consumption nort depending on the fuel product chosen
Not only do I know we deliver a unique sustainable business concept which will reduce CO2 immediately when less yachts are build, The Yacht Club is daily trying hard to improve the yacht industry image and present CO2 footprint and actually drive the UN sustainability goals forward. Not only words in our mind, it is real climate action that grows rapidly when our concept is chosen.
Yesterday, ROCKWOOL Nordics announced that we expect to fulfil this target almost 10 years ahead of time. This means that by the end of 2020 ROCKWOOL Nordics will be the first high energy intensive company in Denmark and one of the few in the world to be so. We got quite good press coverage in Børsen (please see enclosed file, unfortunately in Danish) as well as in Danish TV2 with interviews with MD Frank Larsen.
How is this even possible?
- It is possible because of all of you being focused on making the best stone wool technology in the world
- It is possible because we have been so stubborn and developed Aquila and then even more stubborn and enabled conversion to gas
- It is possible because we work for a company which has sustainability on top of our agenda and is investing a tremendous amount of funds into converting away from coke and coal
- It is possible because our owners have a high degree of ambition, integrity and responsibility. It is not profit at all costs !!
- It is possible because we have a focused GOT strategy where we are driving future technology and operational efficiencies into a cleaner and more sustainable space
For me this is one of the biggest moments of my professional and private life. Not only do I know we deliver sustainable products which will reduce CO2 when installed, we are also improving our own CO2 footprint and actually driving the UN sustainability goals forward. Not only words, it is real climate action
Well done GOT! You are making a true difference in the world for future generations.